Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Done and Done!!

I have TWO new finished quilts!

You may remember this strippy string top that I made earlier in the year:


It is back from my long-arm quilter...


And ready to snuggle under...


With a good book. :- )


I've been calling it Reading Material but it may come to be known as The Library Quilt! It's roughly 52" x 74."

The other finish is my black and white Crowns quilt. I quilted this one myself, at home.


Below you can see the colorful binding and a bit of the back. I couldn't get a good image of the quilting stitches though.


They aren't anything special; I just straight line quilted in diagonal rows such that the black crown shapes are almost completely outlined. This is a square quilt, about 58" in both directions.


I'm looking forward to putting these quilts through the washer and dryer to fluff them up a bit. It will be a treat to wrap up in each of these briefly when they come out of the dryer!

And now that these are done, what will be next?

4 comments:

  1. Love that library quilt, Sue! You have been on a such a roll and it is just wonderful to see the variety of projects you've worked on this year! Love that black and white one too! The binding is perfect foil for a complement color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations
    AND
    Congratulations!


    WELL DONE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the library quilt so much! and the black and white quilt is charming...well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the black and white quilt, it is beautiful and calm.

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.