Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Block by Block

I guess my favorite thing to do is to piece simple blocks. Here's a friendship block I made recently:


It's for a "Pea Pod" quilt. I can't find the link for it at the moment. It's from McCall's Quilting as I recall.

All the strip cutting I've been doing has created some new scraps and remnants. In addition to the Scrappy Trips blocks I've made a new batch of liberated stars. I especially like this one:



Here are the rest of them. If you double click on the picture you should be able to get a larger version and see the blocks better.



I've been trying out a very simple block to use between my many scrappy Shoofly blocks. You can see a few of them in the column on the right below.


I liked the way they looked so I made more. Here's what I had on my design wall at the end of the day yesterday:


Fun, fun, fun! The only problem is that my Parts Drawer is already overflowing. What am I going to do with more parts?!

2 comments:

  1. What says you have to DO anything with the parts? If you love making them, then make away. When a need arises or an idea strikes, you'll be ready to go. Why is it that we put so much pressure on ourselves?!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. love making those stars..one of my all time favorite block..all your blocks look great ! I agree with Julie..keep making them and one day they will be part of a fabulous quilt! these all look great fun.

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.