Monday, May 6, 2013

How Many?

I made a comment in my last post about the fact that I didn't need another pair of embroidery scissors. That caused me to wonder about how many pair I actually have. I'm pretty sure I have accounted for all of them, and it wasn't quite as bad as I feared!


The very first pair I remember buying would be the simple ones in the upper left. They still have the sharpest point. The swordfish is my newest acquisition. I don't think I've ever owned a pair of stork scissors so when I saw this inexpensive black and white job a few years ago I snatched them up. The leopard handle scissor are Gingher's. They probably have the best blades, although they need sharpening.  I will confess to having three of the folding Slip-n-Snip scissors. There was a time when I couldn't find either of the two pair I knew I owned so I had to invest in a third one. Now I keep one in the pocket of my needle case at all times. :- )


On another front, I believe I mentioned that I have been binding quilts. I had a stack of four finished before I started giving them away! I don't think I've ever had that many quilts done at one time before.


Two are the lap quilts that will eventually go to the Alzheimer's Disease Co-operative Study. One was the almost twin size quilt I gave to my daughter for her birthday. The fourth was the baby quilt. I had my son practice hearts on that one:


I just received word that the new mom burst into tears when she saw the quilt for the first time. Awww....






3 comments:

  1. Lovely that the quilt touched her so . . . and a perfect example of WHY we make quilts and then gift them to others!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your son does fabulous quilting..which one of mine had that talent! and what a lovely response to a quilt gift..yayy you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the hearts machine quilting!

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.