Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Hangin' On

Life has been winning since my last post. Fingers crossed, and don't let anyone hear me say it, but I think I may finally be getting the upper hand once again.

I knew part of the problem was that I was starving for visual stimulation. We actually had a couple of sunny days recently so I took the opportunity to have a drive around the farm lands just outside our city limits. There aren't many places where it's either safe or legal to stop and take pictures but I found a lonely stretch of road and snapped this:


That line of bright yellow is a field of daffodils in bloom. Very soon there will be tulips of every hue making the most beautiful living patchwork quilt you could ask for. These are the truths we need to remember during the long, gray, wet months that precede spring around here!

Of course I had to renew the bouquet in The Magpie's Nest too.


DH took a few hours off from his job this afternoon and we went down to Hobby Lobby together. I'm not sure I can think of a better place for visual stimulation, at least not in our little town. It was hubby's first time in the store. All things considered, he held up pretty well! It may have helped that he now has a framed print to hang in what was once our living room but is now his personal home theater. (Something on this order but not this one.) I came home with a couple of charms and two small bags of flower sequins. Oh, and a new cosmetic bag to stitch.


This is what my work station looks like tonight. Layers. There's evidence of the beading I'd been doing and bits and pieces for at least three other projects. It really needs a good sorting out.     ~ maybe tomorrow ~

I've been working on the needlepoint case you see on the right but was trying to pace myself so it wouldn't be finished too quickly. Unfortunately, needlepoint has been about all I've been able to do lately. I was thrilled to find the blackbird case on sale at HL. I've stitched that design up a couple of times in smaller coin purses and have given them away to good friends. Now I get to stitch (and keep) a bigger one! Not sure what will become of the navy and lime case...

DH and I are now collaborating on embellishments for the hearts representing our children on the anniversary quilt (see previous post). We don't have anything I can sew on yet but he can shop in places I can't so hopefully between the two of us we'll get it figured out.

 I do have a fun project on the design wall, instigated by my friend C~. You'll have to wait for the next post to learn about it however. (Aren't I wicked!)

3 comments:

  1. SO glad you were able to get out and refill YOUR tank!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a lovely sunflower needlepoint pillow I haven't touched in years; about like knitting. Quilting just calls me first.

    I can't even imagine how breathtaking the fields would be with all those tulips. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like a great outing--yes, Spring is coming!

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.