Sunday, August 14, 2016

Scrap Happy in August

Today is the day Kate and Gun host their monthly Scrap Happy Day link party. Click on over to one of their blogs to see the full list of participants. In the meantime, here's what I've been able to accomplish...

If you are a regular visitor to The Magpie's Nest you'll remember that I've been building yet another small quilt top out of parts and patches from my Parts Department (and you probably don't need to read the rest of this paragraph!). I'd been making double four patch blocks inspired by my local guild's block of the month lotto. Then I started putting some of the postage stamp stars I've been making in conjunction with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge inbetween the four patch blocks.

At my last reporting I had all the blocks in place but wasn't completely satisfied with one or two of the stars. On a whim I started another postage stamp star. When it was complete I substituted it for the orange star I was most concerned about.


It just didn't work. So I've now sewn the blocks together as I had them previously and the top looks like this:


I'm leaving it this way, no borders or anything more than binding. It should finish at about 48" x 56" and be suitable for either a child or an adult who is young at heart. ;- )


8 comments:

  1. I'm glad - I love that orange one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love it and you would never guess it was from scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for linking to our blogs. As I said before, your quilt is looking great, with or without orange blocks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great quilt top!!! Scrappy quilts ARE the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well of course it needed that orange star! 8)
    I really love it! It's just amazing what the combination of blocks becomes - so much more than either set could have been on their own. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Scrappy is totally stunning, lovely layout, and the stars are all different, bright, and it's perfect as it is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks perfect to me! Just my style. =) I love the quilt and I'm glad you aren't adding borders.

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.