Sunday, February 12, 2017

Slow Sunday Stitching

I decided to add more of the Cocker Spaniel puppies to my dish towel. I'm using this set of transfer patterns from Aunt Martha's collection:


You may remember this first one that I placed diagonally on one corner.


I was able to place three more puppies across the bottom edge of the towel. I've cut away the text that accompanies the patterns.


The little guy with the butterfly on his tail backs up to the completed puppy in the corner.


And this one with his nose in the bush is on the extreme left of the towel. So far one dog has black eyes and one has brown. The pattern suggests blue as an eye color but that seems out of place to me. I've never seen a Cocker yet that had blue eyes! I'll be stitching the rest of these designs in basic primary colors. This is meant to be relaxing after all. :- )

I'm linking up with other slow stitchers over at Kathy's Quilts.


3 comments:

  1. I think you're right about the eyes. I'd be forever looking at them and wishing I'd done them in a 'proper' colour... Cute puppies, and good that you can still use all the transfers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are adorable! I like Aunt Martha's and other companies like that. Not so many of them these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These puppies are so sweet! What a fun project!

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.