Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Scrap Happy in March

First of all, I haven't had a chance to get around to see all the needlework that's been taking place over the last three weeks (previous post). I trust the artists will forgive me. Aside from the embroidery I've been doing there hasn't been a lot of activity here in The Magpie's Nest. I spent about four solid days in the world of fiction (The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins and a couple of Puzzle Lady mysteries by Parnell Hall). That's about as close to a vacation as I get these days. Consequently I've only made three Scrap Happy blocks, and those only in the last 24 hours! That's okay though, there's no rush for these blocks.


The sailboats and bear's paw were bonus blocks assembled between seams (i.e. leaders and enders). Not just while I sewed up the scrappy trip blocks; I have also begun to make blocks for the wedding quilt (finally!). I won't show you those yet, but this is what has been on the design wall:


The scrappy trip blocks are what I'm making for the monthly ScrapHappyDay link up with Kate in Australia and Gun in Sweden and whoever else wants to play along. There will no doubt be lots of fun scrappy projects to see, I invite you to pop over and have a look. :- )

4 comments:

  1. I'm very intrigued by the project on the design wall. Won't you please tell a bit more about it...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the scrappy goodness! Your scrappy trips are really calling to me - that quilt is on my to-do list, but I'm trying to keep from starting another project... 8)
    I'm looking forward to seeing that wedding quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited to see that wedding quilt as it comes together - or I hope to see it. This is such a teaser! There's nothing that makes me happier than leader-endering. LOL I wind up making so many tops from those, and I know you do, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved The Moonstone - couldn't put it down.
    You've done masses of blocks - makes me feel lazy!

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.