Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Squealing Finish

I'm gradually finishing up quilts that were begun last year. Remember this? The framing strips feature little pigs on the go.


Then it became this...



Now it looks like this!


I christened it Piggies in the Garden. It's about 60" square.

Can you see the quilting? James did a tight meander around the stars and large swirls/spirals in the outer border. It's going to be deliciously cuddly after it's laundered. 😊


My first thought was to use another orange for the binding. I'm so glad I auditioned the blue and had enough to go all the way around!

I'm hoping to be able to show you a couple more finishes in the next week or so. I love it when I feel good and can get things done!

4 comments:

  1. It's a great quilt, one I'd be happy to own myself. The blue binding is perfect, and I think it works much better than orange would have. For one moment I though the quilting was piggy shapes, but the meander is lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it is just gorgeous! And yes, will be so cuddly after being washed! Looking forward to seeing your other finishes :) You're on a roll! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! A really cheerful quilt :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.